Free business coaching and Seed Grants for Community Businesses
Made In Manningham offer FREE tailored support to help you explore and develop your business ideas. Our experienced Enterprise Coaches can help you with business planning, book keeping, social media and marketing tips and more.
We also offer small Seed Grants to people with community business ideas in Manningham. Contact us to find out if you’re eligible.
Let us help make your idea happen and chat to one of our friendly Coaches to find out more :
Contact Katherine 07517996460 / Waj 07597394837
FREE workshop taking you through the key areas you need to be thinking about before applying for grant funding.
About this event
Fundraising specialist Josie Armitage will take you through the key areas you need to be thinking about before applying for grant funding. Josie currently supports senior leaders and managers in charities, community organisations, and social enterprises with their fundraising, sourcing relevant funding opportunities, writing funding applications and providing advice and support.
This workshop will include:
- What areas/projects you want for funding for? – projects, core costs, capital costs
- What are the problems you are wanting to solve? Who do you want to help/support (beneficiaries) and what are their barriers/issues?
- What you plan to do to address these? – project outlines
- What is the planned impact of your project/work on your beneficiaries? How will it make a positive impact on their lives?
- Track record: What is the evidence of your impact to date? – Statistics and figures, case studies and quotes, visuals
- What is the planned impact of your project/work on your beneficiaries?
- Do you have the relevant policies and documents ready?
- Where can I find funding opportunities? What types of fundraising do I want to do?
- Action plan and Prioritising efforts
Your Power Hour expert will be open to questions throughout.
This event is only free for Charities, Non-profits, Community Orgs, Schools and Public Health. If you are unsure if your organisation qualifies please contact Participate:
Luke – 01274 288010
Participate Power Hour:
Power hours are going to be a series of free workshops led by industry experts for the benefit of Charities, Non-profits, Community Orgs, Schools and Public Health.
All Participate Power Hours are delivered via Zoom. If you do not have a free zoom account, please register at https://zoom.us/freesignup/
The link for this meeting will be distributed at 9am on Monday 6th July.
Booking for this workshop will close on Monday 5th July at 12noon. If you are viewing this after this period, please contact Luke@participateprojects.org.uk as there may be some spaces remaining.
We will kindly ask that you respond to a survey submitted post workshop to help us get vital feedback.
Employment advice and support
Abu and David are employment coaches working on behalf of Bridge. Our aim is to help people of all age groups into employment. We offer the following support:
- Searching for jobs
- Job applications
- CV Writing
- Interview assistance
- Additional training/qualifications
- Voluntary work
We have a one to one chat to see what you want to achieve. It is our role to help and support you along your journey.
David 07570 671904
Abu 07584 053480
Vacancy at BOCS for a Part Time Grower/Gardener
Bradford Organic Communities Service Ltd (BOCS) is recruiting for a part time grower/gardener starting August to work at the Wibsey Community Gardens in Wibsey Park. This is initially a six-month post with a salary of £11,50 per hour, £22,183 annually pro rata. The post is for 21 hours per week, which is an annual salary of £13,310.
Prime objectives of the Job
To work at BOCS Ltd Wibsey Community Garden site with responsibility for organising growing of all produce
Using organic methods to grow fruit, vegetables, salads, herbs and flowers for use on site and for sale.
Able to work on own initiative while also supporting, staff, volunteers and groups on site
To work as part of the broader team ensuring the site is kept well maintained and safe for all working on it
For more information and an application form please contact Jen White on 07707 658465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 2pm on Thursday 15th July 2021
Volunteer Library Gardeners at Manningham Library needed!
Looking to showcase your gardening talents or develop a new skill? Come and join our amazing team of volunteers! Find out more and apply by 16 July https://bit.ly/3tKQMtb
New boxing academy in Manningham for young people
An amateur boxer, Mohammid Ali, is encouraging young people to get involved in his new Boxing Academy which will support their mental health and wellbeing.
The sessions will be held at Mary Magdelene Church CIC every Wednesday from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Sessions cost just £2.50 – all abilities welcome.
Mary Magdelene Church
As a result of recent funding awards, we are looking for committed individuals to fill a number of exciting new job vacancies:
- Schools Transition Development Worker (BYDP 01): Up to 20 hours per week – £28,000 Pro-Rata.
- Youth Health Development Worker (BYDP 02): Up to 30 hours per week – £28,000 Pro-Rata.
- Peer Mentoring Development Worker (BYDP 03): Up to 30 hours per week – £28,000 Pro-Rata.
- Youth Support Workers – YHC Project X 2 (BYDP 04): Up to 15 hours per week- £18,500 Pro-Rata.
- Project Admin Worker (BYDP 05): 15 – 20 hours per week – £18,000 Pro-Rata.
- Youth Support Worker – Schools Transition (BYDP 06): Up to 15 hours per week – £18,500 Pro-Rata
- We need a number of Casual Youth Support Workers (BYDP 07) for Holiday Activity Programmes and other ongoing Projects, subject to funding (up to 15 hours per week- £18,500 Pro-Rata)
To request an application pack please email: email@example.com and quote the Job Reference.
Please return your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 am on the 5th July 2021 or by post at the above address.
Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates – w/c 12th July 2021.
We will only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for Interview.
As part of our safeguarding procedures, DBS checks will be carried out on behalf of successful applicants.